Monday, February 22, 2010

The Twins: Day 34

Well I officially sick of pumping!!  I have been for a while but I'm really ready for the twins to start nursing.  Tomorrow I have a lactation consultant coming to help me with the twins.  I tried tonight to get them to eat a little and they aren't quite getting it.  They do pretty good with the shield so we go that route for a little while.  Jennifer, a friend from church who has twins, came over today and really encouraged me!  She brought her twin boys over who are about 10 months and crawling all over.  Isaac loved playing with them.  She has been breastfeeding them and she gave me some advice.  One encouraging thing she said is that she was pumping mostly until their due date.  And the twins due date was just this past week (the 18th) so that is encouraging that I'm not really "behind."  So much is different with preemies and twins!  I'm hoping to be even more encouraged tomorrow when the lactation consultant comes out. 
The twins were really good today!  They slept in their Moses basket most the day.  They just cuddled up.  They are so cute when they are cuddling!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment