Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fussy Baby

Well I haven't been keeping up with the blog that well lately. But everyday I think of what I could say on my blog I just don't have a chance to write it;)
Well we are starting to think Noa has colic. She cries a lot!!! The medicine doesn't seem to make that big of difference now. It might help her a little right after she takes it but that's it. When I looked up colic baby online the discription fit her to a tee. I am going to give up dairy and see if that helps any. Since Isaac is allergic it might be worth trying for her. Plus I read that cutting out dairy helps colic babies. We will see. Tonight we thought it was already working. It was around 5 and she wasn't screaming. Which usually it's like clock work. She took a bottle great and was doing good. Then it hit... It was probably around 6. We all got in the car and went to walmart. She fell asleep and slept through most our walmart journey. Then near the end she started. I could easily find jay in the store just follow Noa's cry;( we got her calmed down while Isaac ate a hamburger. She then cried the whole way home. I finally got her to sleep half way through Lost;) I missed the first half though because she was screaming.
Today I had to come home after I took Isaac to school and take a shower. I was hoping they would just stay asleep in their carriers while I showered. Noa started fussing so I fed her to try to calm her. I could not calm her. I finally had to call Kim to save me. She came right over and held her while I showered. It took most of my shower time for Kim to get her calm and finally asleep. Of course Elijah just slept in the Moses basket through my entire shower. I was thinking today that I guess this would be just as hard if I just had one colicy baby. Thank goodness only one is colic!!! I can't imagine if both were.
Yesterday Sarah Lou came over and helped. The boys played, well sort of, and we got some cleaning done until they both started fussing (the babies that is). It was great to have her here! I'm starting to realize that I can do this by myself it just makes it a lot easier on me if I do have help!! Last week I went the whole week by myself. I realized then that I still need help and that this is hard. Really HARD!!! I'm making it though day by day. I hear it does get easier. They say between 3 and 4 months colic goes away so if that's what it is we can hope for that soon. Another 2 months.
I remember saying when they were about 2 weeks old. I'm sure glad I have such great babies!! I can't imagine why God would give someone with twins a colic baby. Oh my I guess I'm eating my words now. Thanks God! I'm sure you are somehow making us stronger through this. Just haven't figured out why or how yet!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment