Monday, September 6, 2010

Busy Week

Well, I felt like I had to get on here and post something!  I've been thinking about it a lot.  So much has been going on it is so hard to find time to get on here and post stuff.  We stay pretty busy!  The twins are now 7 months old.  They are all over the place!!  They are both crawling and Noa has been pulling up for over a week now.  Elijah just started over the past few days pulling up. They are movers!!  I guess I just have very acive children!  I was at a friends house the other day and their 7 month old was just siting...  I said I didn't know babies could just sit!  Mine never have.  Elijah actually started crawling before he ever sat up.  I came home and told Jay, did you know that there is actually a stage where babies just SIT!?!?!!  None of our children have ever done that!  We got a "play yard" its a fence in the living room to keep them in.  They hate it, but at least we have a place to put them if we have to do something for a little bit.  They have no reason to hate it.  All their toys are in there.  The only time they seem to like it is if we are in there with them, or if they are in a perfect mood! Not hungry, not tired, not poopy, thats pretty much never... ha.  Elijah had his first tooth break through Thursday night.  We went to the MTSU game. Well, let me just tell you about our most 2 active days, probably ever!!

Wednesday I decided to take them all to the zoo.  We have a zoo membership and I hate to just waste it.  The temperatures are starting to go down a little so I thought why not.  Its either sit at home and listen to them all whine about being in the play yard or get out and do something!!  So I decided to get out!  They all fell asleep on the way there.  Which was good because I was able to get there and get everything ready to go in without screaming kids.  So I figured out the best way to travel through the zoo by yourself with 3 kids.  I'm sure most people don't even attempt this!  We have a side by side double stroller, like an umbrella stroller x2.  So I was able to hook the wagon handle around the handle of the stroller.  So all I had to do was push the stroller and it pulled the wagon.  It was quite ingenious and I got A LOT of compliments on it!!  A lot of people told me I was a super mom:)  That made me feel good.  They were probably thinking in their head "insane super mom"... ha:)

We started our zoo trip to see the elephants and giraffes.  I learned to start here first or you don't make it.  There is a huge hill to get up to them so if you go at the end you are way too exhausted to get up that hill.  So I started our zoo visit pushing the double stroller pulling the wagon up this huge hill!!  Talk about a good workout!!  Only to get up there and the elephants weren't even out yet!! They need a sign at the bottom of the hill that says, "don't bother climbing this hill yet, you aren't going to see what you want to..." ha:)  Luckily the giraffes were out!!

Isaac had a blast!  He road the carousel by himself (well with Abey, see post "Abey") while the twins and I watched.  The twins seemed to have a good time until we got in the never ending loop!  There is this one loop in the zoo that I can never seem to get out of, and I always seem to be in the middle of it when someone or all of them get tired.  This time Elijah started fussing and Isaac wanted one of those character drinks.  And told me about 100 times that he wanted one before we got out of the loop.  We finally got out and had lunch.  Everyone was in great spirits during lunch!  Then we headed home shortly after.   I was so sore that night!!


The Flamingos!
Lunch

Yes, this is Noa trying to stand up in the wagon!
All of us at the zoo. If you look real close you can see the top of Elijah's head!



So then on Thursday, Isaac had school.  That morning Jay was home because he has a new schedule now and on Thursdays he works from 1pm - 9:30pm.  We aren't loving it but it is nice to have him home a little during the day!  We didn't do much just took Isaac to school and ran a few errands.  We had plans when Isaac got out of school to go over to his friends and go swimming.  So we went over there and all swam.  The twins love the water!  And Isaac really loves it! Sometimes I'm afraid too much!  The pool wasn't crowded at all so that was nice.  At one point Isaac was jumping in this float, kind of like flipping back.  He was having a blast but making me a little nervous.  I told him to be careful.  I was feeding Elijah during this also.  I was about to take a picture because he was having so much fun.  Well right then he jumped back a little too far and flipped in the water.  I jumped up to get him.  By the time I got to him he was already standing and ok.  He was pretty upset though.  It definitely scared him!  He wanted to go home after that.  Luckily another lady was there with her daughter who had a bunch of toys there and she invited him over to play tea party.  He was all about that! And was back in the water before long!  But not doing any more flips.


Well, after the pool I decided to head down to Murfreesboro for the first MTSU football game of the season.  My parents were going.  Jay had to work late so I figured why not...  I almost turned around and went back home before I even got there.  Elijah screamed pretty much the whole way down.  Then when I got there I had a parking pass for the closest parking lot, which was full.  I'm thinking you've got to be kidding me!!  Luckily, they just opened another one not too much farther away.  So I found that before I lost my mind and went home.  It didn't go too bad, and we actually made it to half time!!  Isaac again had a blast!!!  And they were all so stinkin' cute in their MTSU gear!!
Isaac hung out with my parents while I juggled the twins (with help from my mom and some others).  I decided that Isaac is why I do all this craziness!  I want to entertain him as much as possible and I know it isn't much fun being cooped up in the house with the twins so I try to get out with him as much as possible.  And we have fun, that's all that matters!  Well, Elijah then cried the whole way home.  Remember when I mentioned earlier that Elijah had his first tooth come in.  We got home and they all went to bed pretty easily.  Jay was home to help also!

This is the end of half time.  
Isaac is watching the band as I am loading up the twins.  
Ginger (mother of triplet!) is helping me keep them happy:)


So yes all this in two days!!  Friday, my dad took Isaac for a few hours for me so I could go grocery shopping.  I had Noa in the shopping cart and Elijah in the pack on front of me.  It surprisingly went really well.  I finished about the time they started getting restless.  I had one lady tell me, "you are good at what you do!  I don't think I could do that"  :)  That made me feel good.  Better than the people who say, "you are crazy"!  Ok not many come out and say that but you sure can read it on their faces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment