Monday, September 13, 2010

Today...

We had a great day today!  We got out around 10 and were planning on feeding the ducks by Granddaddy's house but when we got there there were no ducks.  Noa and Elijah were still sleeping so Isaac and I decided to go to the park in Mt. Juliet.  We had a great time!





Isaac played on the monkey bars, played in the sand, Noa and Elijah played in the sand for the first time and ate it, and decided it didn't taste very good.  But yet continued to eat it!  I finally had to take them out of the sand!  YUCK!


They all got to swing!  Noa and Elijah shared a swing!  First time swinging.  I actually was able to take some pictures of it all too!





We then walked to Sonic to get lunch.  Isaac asked why are we going to Sonic and I said because Mommy didn't pack our lunch, why mommy? because I didn't think we would be out this long and I didn't really have time to pack before we left I was just thinking about getting out of the house!  Isaac - Oh! :)  We have officially entered the "why" stage!  Everything is "Why" now!  My favorite saying is "Why, Because" he answers himself I guess:)  We had a great lunch.  It turned out to be a little longer walk then I had thought it might be in my head...  And of course no shade...  I think they all enjoyed it more than getting in the car and driving there.

Afterwards we went over to my parents for a little bit.  Isaac took a nap in the car. (Don't worry the air was on and we have monitors so when they wake up we hear them:)!)  The twins were good entertainment while we were there!  They are getting to a great stage!  They kept fighting over toys.  Well mostly Elijah would take everything Noa had.  At one point Noa was entertaining herself by going back and forth between two toys.  It was great entertainment for us all:)


Today I have been thinking a lot about our friends' brand new baby.  She was born Saturday and they took her home and had to go back to the hospital last night.  I don't know many details at all, I just knew two things: to pray!  and that she was not breathing on her own.  This had me thinking back to what we went through with Isaac when he was first born.  I was thinking today that it is amazing how much you can love someone who you have only known for a few days, or even just a few minutes!  I remember when they were telling us all the bad news about Isaac how hard that was!!  Then I just started thinking about all the crap we had/have been through together.  How before Isaac was born I went through so many health problems and then Isaac was born and he had problems and then we were given twins... ?  And Elijah had trouble with his lungs in the beginning.  Then I started thinking about what a blessing they are and how perfect they are all now!  The twins are hard.  Very hard! But I just started thinking that God gave me two when I only expected one.  He entrusted two lives at once to me!  I was given two more children to love and watch grow when I was only expecting one.  And I'm pretty sure that it would have only been one more!  But God knew we needed two more!  That just makes me feel so special!!  And to think of all the stuff we went through to get to this point where we are now, it really seems like nothing.  Yeah in the moment, it was horrible, unbearable, but looking back now it has brought us to where we are today.  And who we are!  One bible verse that I have held on to over the pass 5 years is Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This sure has played out in my life!  Boy did he prosper me:)  Not sure my reason for blogging all this.  I think mainly for myself, so I can remind myself that life isn't about the day to day its about the lifetime of memories and where you end up!  Sometimes we get so caught up in the day to day we forget to look at the big picture!  We got word tonight before dinner that the precious little baby I had been thinking and praying for all day today, is doing really good.  They have taken her off of the ventilators, and they said all their prayers have been answered!  We still don't have many details but we are still praying for this little girl and I just keep praying that she turns out as perfect as my three who all came into this world as miracles!!!  God is so GOOD!!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about your days! And love you sharing your heart, too. You are so blessed to have your babies and they are so blessed to have you (and Jay, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy you are my sister! You said this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete