Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday nights

Thursdays are very different now. Jay's job changed recently and with that his hours changed. They are a lot better than they initially started out but still not great. He works everyday 8-4:30 except Thursdays he works 1-9pm. He doesn't like his new position at all which is no good. Working is never fun and it's even worse when you don't like what you do. Anyway, so he is home in the mornings on thursdays which has been nice! It gives us a chance to get a few things done. But then I have to put the kids to bed by myself. And that's no fun! Most Thursdays my dad has been coming to help me but tonight he didn't feel good so he stayed home.
Well things went pretty well. The twins took a little power nap around 5:00 so that allowed me to get dinner ready for me and Isaac. Then we all had dinner together. I fed the twins some squash. Elijah kept coughing like he had something caught in his throat. And kept acting like he was going to throw up. Well after a while he did. It wasn't too bad of a mess because he was in his high chair so it just all went on his tray and him. Well they all needed baths anyway so this just made the decision final. So I attempted to give them all a bath. I left the twins in the high chairs while I got everything ready. Then I put everyone in the bathroom and shut the door. Isaac is great in the tub!! So he just gets in and does his thing. I started with Elijah since he was covered in puke. Do you remember me mentioning that my children don't sit still, well that's in the tub too!! I have a little seat that they can sit up in which helps a little. Elijah was climbing out of it though trying to get soap and all isaac's toys. At the same time Noa was trying to climb in the tub to get isaac's toys also. So I get Elijah out and trying to get him dressed as Noa is still trying to climb in the tub. Head first I might add. So now it's Noa's turn. So now Noa is climbing out of the chair and Elijah is trying to climb in the tub. At one point they were both about to go head first into the water. As Isaac is laying flat in the tub spinning in circles. Oh yeah in the middle of all this i thought i heard someone in the house. So when I got Elijah out I ran through and locked all the doors! So finally I get everyone out, safely I might add, and get every in their pjs! WHEW!!!!
I started getting everyone in bed. Started Isaac a movie in our room and he laid down. Got Noa a bottle and started trying to get her to sleep as Elijah is crawling all over the two of us. Finally I just laid in bed with all three and the twins fell asleep. Got them in their beds and got to go lay down with Isaac. Right before he feel asleep I was hugging him and telling him how much I loved him. I told him "I'm sorry it's so crazy sometimes" and he said "I'm sorry too!" So cute!! I love that little boy!!!
Goodnight:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment