Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous Mother's day because I have a fabulous husband!!!! It started Friday night. Jay kept the kids and let me go out. Sarah B. and I went to the Frist center. They were having a free night because of the flood. Then we went and ate Mexican. We had a wonderful evening. At the end of the evening we were talking about how we got away last year for mothers day. I said who would have known this mothers day that I would have 3 kids!!! Saturday morning jay had to do stuff around the house so I took the kids out. Mt. Juliet had a huge yard sale at the park so we went to that. Isaac pushed Elijah in the stroller and I carried Noa. It wasn't long before they got hungry. I got Isaac the worse snow cone ever made. They packed the ice so hard he couldn't eat it. I went back to the car to feed the babies. We just sat in the parking lot and I fed the babies while Isaac ate his snow cone. He dumpped some of his blue snow cone in the stroller. We soon left. I had Isaac in his car seat in the back and I was putting the twins in. I looked back at Isaac and he was just sitting there in his seat. He must have given me a smile or something because it just made me smile. I looked at him for a while and I thought to myself, "this is all worth it!!" just to see a little human that you created that is so perfect! That is what makes being a mom so great. I remember when I was little and I think she still does. My mom would just look at me and say I love you! I would always be polite and say I love you too:) don't get me wrong I did love her;) but I never knew why just out of no where she would say it. Now I understand!! And I find myself always saying it now to my kids. Saturday night we all went over to the Webers and had a great time!! Sunday we all slept in until 9:15!! Jay and I got everyone ready for church and Jay took them all early so I could get ready alone. That was great!!! Of course I was late though. For Mother's Day Jay asked me what I wanted. I told him a flower for each child;) and chocolates if he had to get me something else. So Sunday morning he gave me a huge bag of chocolate. Then when I got to my parents he had picked three roses for me! Then monday I got a package in the mail. He had gotten Mary Helen (a good friend of ours who makes jewlry) to make me a necklace special for mothers day!! It is beautiful!!! I love it!!!! So that is my great mothers day story!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great Mother's Day weekend, even if we didn't get to get away totally. You even got a little extra sleep thrown in there! Now you have to post a pic of the necklace, though... We need to see it!

    ReplyDelete